Tuesday 1 March 2011

Hey there!

Because every mad scientist needs a blog, amirite?  (I'll do my best to keep the singing to a minimum, though I make no promises, haha~ )

A while ago, I made myself an account on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com's forum for these purposes, but due to some issues my temperamental computer seemed to have with that particular site, I decided to set up shop here. Hopefully, my one lonely review will soon have company. I haven't established anything like a schedule, but there should definitely be more activity once the semester ends in April.

So far, I only have the computer know how (and confidence, haha xD; ) for text reviews, but would like to try my hand at videos in the future as they seem much more versatile.

I'd like to start by saying that I have no idea what I'm talking about. Hopefully, this will work in my favour. I don't have anything like a set niche, and basically, with the information I had going in and as much investigation as I can feasibly do online, I plan to review things I've enjoyed.  Bashing, while probably more fun to watch, isn't really my strong suit.

This is just a pet project of mine, and I have no intention of making any money, etc. I had enthusiastically agreed to help a friend of mine (who has yet to select a permenant moniker, and will therefore be referred to as my reviewer-friend until she does~ ) with some reviewing projects she had planned, and became interested in doing a few of my own. If anything, expect to see a lot of joint projects with reviewer-friend involved :)

I have a few ideas for potential review segments:

a) "Under the Microscope," the format used for the Repo! review, will just be a general type overview of the thing in question. If I ever do make the transition to videos, expect a spoiler-free beginning segment followed by a warning/intermission and then the spoileriffic discussion to follow.

b) "East meets West," in which I subject an avid Disney fan, reviewer-friend, to anime, and vice versa. The idea would be to pit my rampant nostalgia goggles against her first impressions, or the other way around.

c) "Null Hypothesis" in which I make predictions about coming attractions, and hope desperately that they'll prove me wrong.

So, that's it so far! Thanks for dropping by, and I hope to have more posted soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment